Tuesday 7 August 2012

Nneoma's PASSION FOR FASHION"

Nneoma







Nneoma Phebe Okpara is the CEO of  P.h.e.b.e, a new and growing clothing company designed to style the young woman that is classy, and stylish but isn't afraid to look sexy. The lightskinned beauty who is a Law student at the University of Lagos, shares her fashion with Debourgeois.









DB - How did you get into fashion?
Nneoma - Its been natural, since i was a kid, I've always had the flair for fashion.I really loved beauty, people looking good. I appreciate that a lot. So it felt natural to get into fashion


DB - Did you learn designing anywhere?
Nneoma - In my opinion, certain things cannot be learnt, although there are schools for it. Although i did learn sowing from a tailor for about three months, but designing itself comes to me naturally


DB - Can you recall the first thing you ever designed/
Nneoma - When i was a kid, i started with making clothes from nylon while doing those children plays and we would all wear them, then i started sowing with needle and thread.




DB - Do you do all the sketching for Phebe?
Nneoma - Yes, I do. That's actually the fun for me, I havent totally taken it as a business yet, because I even give out some of my clothes.


DB-
Nneoma - For now Phebe isn't a full time business or job, mostly now its about passion and the love for fashion, but i'm hoping to get people to handle the financial part in the shortest possible time


DB - Have you had any fashion shows featuring your designs?
Nneoma - Yes, I've had one. Panache


DB - At first sight, do you immediately know what would fit a woman's body and what would look best on her?
Nneoma - Yes, absolutely. Although I'm still learning, daily i check all the fashion sites, i google the latest trends and all that. But i know what would fit a petite girl, an hour glass etc. When i see an outfit, i already know what it's missing.


DB - When is your next line scheduled for launching?
Nneoma - Lots of people have been asking me that, when is your next line coming out, why haven't you relaesed new stuff, your blog has been inactive etc but I'm taking my time, its been over 7months since I started work on the new stuff, but i don't want to be like the usual designers. So I'm putting in a lot of effort into the new line and I hope as soon as it comes out people will appreciate it.


To  check out more designs, place orders for exclusive designs or to contact P.h.e.b.e, go to the blog

http://www.phebeescorner.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment