Friday 10 August 2012

Mo Cheddah "I MISS MY DAD A LOT"


Modupe Oreoluwa Oyeyemi, the 22yr old Osun State indigene popularly known as Mo'cheddah talks to Debourgeois about her growth in the music industry. The graduate of Creative Arts from the University of Lagos who started her musical career with Knigthouse has been churning out hit after hit such as Ko ma roll, See me and has been featured by the likes of M.I, eldee and so many others. Although she recently split from Knighthouse, she has three new singles out, Lady, d'ting and Louder and is working on launching her own record label.




DB - You started music at a young age with a lot of hype, how have you been able to maintain the same momentum you started with?
Mo Cheddah - Its all about hard work because  getting there and staying there is a different ball game all together..its basically about evolving as a person.

DB - In your opinion, how have you grown from your first appearance in Won Beri to your newest single Louder?
Mo Cheddah - As a person and artist I always wanna stay true to myself and change is a big part of the growing process so as I grow as a person I also grow as  an artist..

DB - What inspired the song Louder and also the video?
Mo Cheddah - The beat was composed by chopsticks and that was what inspired me to write the song..it was bold loud fun and free...and I wanted the video to depict people having fun.

DB - Tell us about your label, Cheddah music and do you run the label alone?
Mo Cheddah - I'm still putting together the plans I have for the label so I don't wanna let anything out just yet.


DB - Who are your musical influences?
Mo Cheddah - A lot of people..from Beyonce to India Arie, Joe, Usher, JayZ, Rihanna...I listen to all kinds of music.

DB - You have a new album in the works "Supercharged", when is the album
scheduled for release?
Mo Cheddah - I can't give a specific time yet but early next year..


DB - What collaborations should we expect off the upcoming album?
Mo Cheddah - Plenty!!! That's what I wana try and dive into..mixing different styles and ideas with other talented artist to make beautiful music..so expect a lot of that

DB- If you had the opportunity to work with any artistes in the world,
which three would you pick?
Mo Cheddah - Most definitely Beyonce...Rihanna and JayZ

DB - What would you be doing if you weren't into music?
Mo Cheddah - Truthfully I really don't know..maybe i'll be a fashion designer or something..

DB - You've been called a musical prodigy, fabulous fashionista, Nigeria's pop princess etc how hard has it been living up to all to all the expectations people have of you?
Mo Cheddah - Its impossible to please everybody so as much as possible  like I said I stay true to MYSELF and God and everyother thing would work out.


DB - Who is your favourite designer?
Mo Cheddah - Kunbi oyelese of April by kunbi!! I love her soft feminine detailing and use of fabric..


DB - How can artistes who are interested in joining your label get in touch with you?
Mo' Cheddah - When I am on a search for artists you will definitely find out..


DB - If you had the opportunity 1)to go on a date with anyone
 2)go on a vacation anywhere
3) have a lifetime supply of anything,
 who, where and what would they be?
Mo Cheddah - i would love to have just one last dinner date with my dad..I miss him a whole lot..
 I rilly wanna go to borabora!!!i think about it a lot!!
Louboutin shoes!!

2 comments: