Sunday 13 January 2013

LITTLE THINGS (PART 2) CONSEQUENCE



Finally, I decided to complete the little things series....... but I just might revisit it sometime soon. Again!

Let me begin with a quote
 "What we call the little things are merely the causes of great things, they are the beginning, the embryo ....... A black speck may be the beginning of a gangrene, of a storm ....."

A few months ago my phone was stolen, out of the bag I was carrying. How come? I didn't close the zip (the reason I didn't is a story for another day)


One time I had this really cute cream and brown bag, I forgot a piece of cake in it overnight and by the next day rats had eaten their way through the bag to get to the cake. The bag was ruined!!!


Imagine this, you bought a new TV set: flat screen, LED, 3D, 110 cool inches bla bla bla, then after taking the time to read the manual you chose to ignore the fact that you would need a stabiliser. Pray Heaven forbids high voltage (especially if you live in Nigeria)


Or say, the brake fluid of your car leaks a little bit everyday and you decide it isn't a big deal....... to that, I call the words of Benjamin Franklin " A small leak can sink a great ship"


You are dating a guy who almost seems perfect except for the fact that he has no control over his temper and ever so often he screams at you at the top of his voice even when he ought to have let it go. Sweetheart, ignore it if you choose, but I see a black eye and broken nose in your future.


I saw the movie Contagion a few nights ago, it was about a new disease that had begun to spread at such an alarming rate that the whole world was gripped in fear, the best scientists in the world could not trace the roots of the virus. Lots of people died and serious money was spent before a vaccine was created. At the end of the movie we discovered that the virus was from a pig, a chef had touched it, didn't wash his hands, shook the hands of a lady ..... that marked day one of the existence of the virus.

All this happened because the chef failed to wash his hands. Amazing!




Choosing to ignore or failing to pay attention, to the little things will cause you to lose big things or suffer great loss.



I'll just end here with what Barton Bruce said
"Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things"



1 comment:

  1. Welcome back missy.. Nice. Indeed ther r no little things

    ReplyDelete